Sunday, September 27, 2009

Gmar Hatima Tova!!!

Hey everyone,

Just as a heads us, Daylight Savings Time started today in Israel so I am now officially only 7 hours ahead of Chicago. Just to let you know now we have one more hour of overlap! Yay

Yom Kippur starts tonight. I just got back from the Mikvah with Seffi, David, Seth, Judah and Tyler. The Mikvah is basically like a little pool but the water is holy and it "purfies" you. This was my second time at the mikvah, and probably won't be my last. It's a cool experience. You go into this really small room, with a ton of big smelly Jews, only men obviously, take a shower, then go into the mikvah, then shower off because the water is kind of gross because hundreds of smelly old Israelis go in it every day. Whatever.

Now, I'm sitting in my room with Seffi, not quite sure where I'm going for Kol Nidre tonight, possibly The Leiders Minyan, maybe Yemin Moshe, maybe Shira Chadasha I don't know, I'll figure it out soon.

Gmar Chatima Tova! Talk after the Chag is over. Easy fast for everyone,

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment