Monday, September 28, 2009

Yom Kippurrrrr

Gmar Hativah Tova!!!

This was a longgggggggg day. Luckily its all over, don't think I would wanna do it again anytime soon but glad I did. Here's what happened:

Last night we had dinner 330, ended at 4 and fast started 4:53. So I actally ended up fasting an hour longer than I needed to.
No biggie. I went to Kol Rina for Kol Nidre and Maariv. I went there before for Shabbas Morning services and it was amazinggggg, lots of singing and very modern orthodox. There's a front/back Machitzah, the Chazzan prays in the middle though and its not very high so its pretty fair I would say, if you were wondering. I was there with Tyler, Seth, David, Gabe and some other people. It was ok, nothin too fancy, a lot of independent davening so good to an extent.
This morning me tyler seth gabe michael and some other went to yamin moshe. It was more orthodox than the last one, but I got to parade the second torah and sit with it when they read from the first one! Mitzvah!! it was great. that service was also ok.
After 6 hours of services we came back to beit nativ and slept for like 3 hours. at 4, jesse jonny and I went to kedem, the conservative shul off of emek refiem, right near burgers bar. i went there for rosh hashanna and it was greatttt then. so we went there for the second halfish of maariv and Nehilia. It was muchhhh better than the orthodox servies. I thought that I liked the orthodox services better, maybe not. i dont know, ill figure it out this year. they then had an amazinggggggggg break fast, not as good as the Maxwells break fast of course, but it was filled with Rugalach and a ton of juices. So it was great.

Came back to beit nativ, had some bad dinner like always but I was already full from the break fast at Kedem. We went out for Ice Cream and now I'm here on the porch updating my blog. yay!

OK guys, I'll let you know how i do on my j-lem test tomorrow when i hopefully get it back. and for the record i'm sick of using proper spelling and grammer, i dont know if you could tell but halfway through the post i just realized that its kind of overrated. so sorry if it offends. :)

Talk soon,

Joshua

No comments:

Post a Comment