Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Remember when I blogged???

Yea OK so I realized I didn't finish Italy, I have it written down its just really annoying to type it all out. I'll post it all soon.

So here's the reason why I havn't been blogging nearly as much as I did first semester: I'm not really doing much. Wanna know what I've been up to the last 3 weeks? Read on...

We arrive in Yerucham. I'm in an apartment with Joey and Tyler (roommates) and Eric, Kowler and Reuben (apartmentmates). We cook our own food: last week's dinners included chicken fried rice, baked mac and cheese, breakfast for dinner aka waffels, french toast and omelets, and schnitzel. We also make lunch for ourselves. I usually make some grilled cheese (or as tyler likes to call it, grilled chai. don't ask me why.) or some sandwich. pretty basic.

I volunteer at an elementary school 4 days a week, Sunday-Thursday excluding Tuesday (Yom Nativ.) Yom Nativ is similar to erev nativ but its all day instead of just at night. and "we plan it" which means the staff tells us we plan it but in reality they change anything they dont like. its really cool but that last part makes it kind of lame. Anyway, I work different times each day, but my work day roughly goes from around 8:30-1:30. I never work all the way through, no more than 4 classes/day and each class is 45 minutes long. Sunday, for example, I work from 11-1:30. OK, so then I come back home, Joey is usually back by then, and Tyler either doesnt have work cause he only works twice/week at the yeshiva and we hang out for a little bit. Joey goes on a run, and I go on a bike ride. He gets back before me, takes a shower, then I get back, take a shower (because we're both afternoon shower-ers now. Most people are either evening or morning, but were afternoon. because we can!) Then, we usually will go to the park with a blanket and meet up with some people or just sit. Joey reads and I either read/play guitar/write music. That goes until around 4:30. We go back home, and just do nothing til arund 5:30 when Tyler gets home and says "what are we doing for dinner????" well we always forget about dinner, so then we go to the supersol grocery store and buy dinner. from around 6-7:30 is making/eating dinner. 9 is Ma'ariv at the local shul, Akafim. it's optional, but its legitimately the only way that I see half the Nativers daily, and thats extremely generous. If people don't go to ma'ariv, and there more that don't than do, and I don't work with them, chances are good that I could no see them for days on end. After ma'ariv, the night officially starts. Wednesday nights are poker nights (where I won last week!), monday is usually everyone hangs out night because yom nativ is the next day, and other nights are just random whatever we feel like doing nights.

Everything closes in Yerucham around 8, with the supersol closing at 8:30. the town is quiet by 9:30. no joke.

so yea, thats my life the last 2 weeks. I'm currently on leadership seminar, its awesome so far. I'm back at Beit Nativ!!! but not in the Pirates Cove. :( sad face. I'll update more later.

With love,
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment